We are situated 3 Km from Moville and 25 Km from Derry.
The house is approx. 1 km off the main road, giving peace and quiet, with
spectacular views over Lough Foyle.
Co-ordinates: Lat: 55.181061 Long: – 7.094743
Approaching the city from Belfast or Strabane, cross the Foyle Bridge and take the A2 towards Moville.
Pass the Redcastle Hotel (approx 20 Km from Derry)
Pass Havlin’s Kitchens on left
Take next left, following signs for Inishowen Lodge
We are approx. 1 Km from the main road
Take the R238 towards Derry for 3 Km.
Turn right before coming to Havlin’s kitchens, following signs for Inishowen Lodge
- The Wild Atlantic Way – Situated at the most Northerly stage of the famous Wild Atlantic Way
- Moville town with local shops, traditional pubs and good restaurants is only 2 miles away.
- Malin Head – Ireland’s most northerly point – a very popular destination with our guests
- City of Derry – historical interest, shopping, theatres, restaurants. Visit the newly opened Peace Bridge across the River Foyle. City of Culture 2013. This famous walled city is only a 25 minute drive away.
- Redcastle Hotel,Spa and Golf Course – only 2 km on the road to Derry
- Kayaking – Based in Moville, Justkayak offers a range of activities – Coastal Sea Kayaking, Family trips, Foyle tours, night paddles. More information available from Inish Adventures
- Maiden Heaven – Health & Harmony. Newly opened at Redcastle village; destress & recharge; beauty treatments. Incorporate into our 3 night special for a relaxing break.
- Cooly Cross & Skull House is an historical site outside Moville
- The Shore Walk between Moville and Greencastle offers excellent views of coastline and wildlife.
- The Greencastle Ferry provides direct access to the North Antrim coast, the Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-a- Rede Rope bridge. The ferry operates from 17th March until the middle of October.
- Maritime Museum & Planetarium in Greencastle displays memorabilia from the Armada and emigration
- Cairn Visitor Centre, situated near Greencastle depicts Ireland through the ages
- Redcastle Leisureland is recognised as one of Ireland’s leading Indoor Fun Parks catering for children of all ages and is only 2 miles away.
- Kinnegoe Bay – as you approach this beautiful sandy cove the scenery is breathtaking and is only a 20 minute drive. One of the Spanish Armada Ships was ship wrecked off this coast, the artefacts from this are on display in the Tower Museum, Derry
- Stroove Blue Flag Beach with it’s white sand and clear blue water is 7 miles away from our B&B. This is an excellent beach for swimming and is very safe. Sea otters and porpoises have been sited here.
- Inishowen Head – Enjoy a refreshing walk over Inishowen Head, with stunning views. There are other excellent walks in the area. Advice can be given.
- Doagh Famine Village has exhibits of Ireland during the Famine and the changes in local life since. Well worth a visit for a look back at Irish history.
- Glenevin Waterfall, Clonmany. Take a stroll through a beautiful wooded area to this waterfall
- Golf at Redcastle, Greencastle, Ballyliffen &North West G.C. Buncrana – we are centrally situated to play on any of these great Golf Courses.
- Sea Angling
- Culdaff Blue Flag Beach – This beach is famous for surfing and sea kayaking
- Moville Pottery – Take home a piece of locally made pottery. You can also arrange a tour and witness the potters at work.
- Bogwood Sculptures stocks a wide range of original hand crafted artwork – jewellery, ornate candlesticks and grand sculptures, situated near Culdaff which is a 20 minute drive
- Yachting – Greencastle & Fahan
- Bird watching